Der folgende Text von unserer internationalen Datenbank ist in englischer Sprache.
Is it possible to order X/Y-table and/or battery afterwards?
Yes! This is not possible for MagniLink Zip NG, but it is for the MagniLink PRO.
Is it possible to upgrade the software with TTS afterwards?
Yes, upgrade codes can be ordered for all MagniLink PRO models delivered without TTS software.
What is the charging / operation time for the battery?
The charging time is approximately 2.5 hours and the operation time approximately 5-9 hours, depending on light level and usage.
Is it possible to add / change functions in the control panel?
Yes. There are two programmable buttons.
Which languages are available / how do I update with another language?
At least one local language + English are always included. See manual for a complete list of available languages. Contact LVI to order and activate additional languages.
Is it possible to save scanned text?
Yes, in text view choose CTRL + C and then CTRL + V (Cmd + C and the Cmd + V in MAC) to paste text into another program, such as Word.
Can MagniLink PRO be connected to Split box or external distant camera?
No, at the moment it´s not possible to connect MagniLink PRO with our Split box or external distant camera.
Will the unit start with the same settings as befor I turned it off?
Yes, settings will be saved, unless you pull the cord or if there is a power outage.
Can any monitor be connected to MagniLink PRO?
Yes, choose LVI monitor for best low vision adaptation. Our 23” monitor will perform best since it offers Full HD (1 920x1 080). HDMI and DVI cables are included, which means that conversion cable is needed for DisplayPort or other standard. VGA cable is not recommended.
Is connection to Mac possible?
Yes, software for both PC and Mac are included. TTS for PC and / or Mac is available as accessories.
Which Windows and Mac versions are recommended?
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. MAC OS X Version 10.6 Snow Leopard or later.
Which assistive software can be used together with MagniLink PRO?
ZoomText, SuperNova, iZoom and MagniLink iMax can be used. Windows Eyes and JAWS with some exceptions.
Can MagniLink PRO be used both with USB 2 and USB 3?
Yes, we recommend USB 3 for best performance (60 full frames per second). Use of USB 2 might need extra cables, please contact LVI for more information.
Is it possible to scan a full A4 page?
Can MagniLink PRO use WiFi for wireless access to iPad/Android tablets?
No. At the moment we think that WiFi isn’t offering enough speed and reliability for high quality camera picture. Note that using WiFi for transferring camera picture will “lock” the WiFi to the camera = it will not be possible to use WiFi for Internet access to the device.
Der folgende Text von unserer internationalen Datenbank ist in englischer Sprache.
This trial software for MagniLink S / Pro / Vision / Zip is completely free and fully functional for 30 minutes before you have to restart the program again. Please note that the latest versions will be automatically installed if True Update is activated.
Please download this version:
|MagniLink S v 2.3 Full version for Mac
Below you can download the software MagniLink PCViewer that enalbles your MagniLink Video Magnifier to operate with your PC.
If you don´t have a licensed MagniLink camera the words “Unvalid license” will be present at the screen. After a few minutes the picture will disappear. If you want to test a few more minutes you can restart the camera again.
Choose either the "Full version" for a complete software, including almost all available languages (note that the large file size can cause significant download time) or the "No language version" (best choice for everyone not using a text-to-speech-model).
Users with a Text-to-speech-model can complete the "No language version" with the languages in use, notice that then the OCR Package must be installed.
MagniLink PCViewer - updates in version 10.2.8.0
- It is now possible to use MagniLink PCViewer as a standalone software, without the need for an LVI camera.
- Minimized mode has been added to the Split Mode (F8) rotation.
- PCViewer no longer crashes when the cursor is placed on certain buttons during launch.
- Automatic Updates On/Off is now saved correctly when the box is ticked using Spacebar.
- Saving OCR as a .WAV file will no longer stop SAPI-voices from working.
- The video feed will no longer magically appear when it is set to minimized (F8).
- OCR notification will now display correctly during CCTV-mode with SuperNova & ZoomText.
- Start/Resume reading will now start reading even when used quickly after lowering/increased reading speed.
- Ctrl + M & F8 will no longer make a sound when used together with SuperNova & ZoomText in CCTV-mode.
- The video feed will no longer cut out if you switch between OCR-view and Camera-view with the video feed frozen.
- It is no longer necessary to press B twice to leave the quiet mode.
- Notification for Ctrl + C with ZoomText in CCTV-mode now displays as intended.
- PCViewer will no longer crash if documents are dragged and dropped for OCR in quick succession.
- The video feed will no longer cut off if you press F4 and F5 in quick succession.
- It is no longer necessary to press F5 twice after the Save As dialog has been discarded.
- Fonts are no longer placed on top of each other in the drop-down list.
- The application no longer says slower/faster, softer/louder when it reads a document.
- Fixed flickering in quiet mode with SuperNova
- SAPI voices no longer skips a block when navigating.
- Speech now starts every time a file is opened (if start speech after OCR is checked).
- Controlling Volume & Speed with SAPI-voices is no longer slow.
- Application no longer crashes when OCR on a language not localized when no localized voices are installed.
- The reference line no longer gets the background color. It gets the foreground color
- Some SAPI voices had problem with Unicode character U+25A0. Al such characters are removed from the OCR result.
- Application could crash when pressing F2 or F3 in standalone mode if no colors where available
- Ctrl + C together with Supernova no longer crashes the application.
- Video no longer becomes black when the video is frozen together with supernova.
- ZoomText and SuperNova camera switches from fullscreen if settings are accessed
- Column selector now works.
- Icon for play pause is now updated when navigating sentence and block
- F8 now first activates the window when it is minimized
- Default now sets the voice to a voice with the same language as the application.
- OCR on 32-bit versions of windows.
- OCR problem with Icelandic voices
- Crash when trying to activate licenses manually in the about dialog.
- Crash when dialog showing licensed features not installed. And the information was off missing Italian.
- (Ctrl + R) by default should rotate clockwise but currently rotates counter clockwise.
- Changing Split Mode (F8) does not work when ZoomText is on and CCTV-mode is off.
- Read Commands will in some instances conflict with other commands that are read aloud using TTS.
- Autofocus on/off will slightly adjust the width of the Ribbon menu.
- Some icons are blurry when the GUI is scaled up.
- A tooltip display "Settings F9" can sometimes incorrectly appear.
- Sliders can sometimes display two different values
- Higher text size in Windows can create a scrollbar in the Change Color drop down.
- The Split Modes (F8) are incorrect in the beginning when used with ZoomText / SuperNova.
- When increasing reading speed from 70 to 80 PCViewer will skip a few words.
- A green image is incorrectly displayed when PCViewer is launched without a camera.
- During the launch of either ZoomText or SuperNova the video feed in PCViewer will jerk around.
- Navigation with letter by letter will incorrectly stop the Start button icon from updating.
- Video recording on a PC with low performance is unreliable.
- Switching voice with Ctrl + O when SuperNova is active does not work.
- Split Modes (F8) with ZoomText in CCTV-mode using multiple monitors does not work as intended.
- Navigating through settings with Tab does not work as intended.
MagniLink PCViewer - updates in version 10.1.8.0
- Tooltips in the menu now displays the shortcut keys.
- It is now possible to change the color of the reference line in the EUC-tab.
- It is now possible to enlarge and navigate in the OCR-picture.
- More possibilities for navigating in quiet mode.
- Possible to hide the application by Ctrl + H when running it together with ZoomText or SuperNova. If SuperNova or ZoomText is not active, Ctrl + H will hide the ribbon instead.
- Possible to paste text into the program by Ctrl + V.
- Possible to control the pan/tilt of a distance camera.
- Possible to save OCR result as a sound file (.wav).
- The application will display a message if the camera is licensed for a feature but the corresponding component is not installed.
- PCViewer now gives feedback when using the keys to change volume and speech rate.
- F12 now open the Norwegian instead of the English manual when the application language is Norwegian.
- Application no longer switches from Norwegian to English when accessing the application settings.
- Default-buttons now works correctly.
- Program now works better when connected to a USB2 port.
- Possible to zoom etc. in the menu with the space key.
- Text in the ribbon-buttons now aligns better.
- Improved accuracy for Arabic text.
- Mouse click no longer starts speech in quiet mode.
- The hotspot of the mouse cursor is changed from (5,5) to (0,0).
- SAPI voices now works correctly.
- Better coloring in the OCR image modes.
- The application now remembers its position after a restart.
- The application now saves the camera resolution.
- Load profile now updates the graphical user interface (GUI) correctly.
- Improved stability together with ZoomText.
- Improved stability together with SuperNova.
Software MagniLink S
Choose either the "Full version" for a complete software, including all available languages (note that the large file size can cause significant download time) or the "No language version" (best choice for everyone not using a text-to-speech-model).
Users with a Text-to-speech-model can complete the "No language version" with the languages in use.
EUC is a configuration program that can individually modify the settings according to the user, for ex magnification (max min), guiding line (colour thickness), curtains, lighting, grey scale and artificial colours. Finding specific settings or sometimes removing functions will facilitate both for the user and the low vision therapist/trainer. Free software from LVI. You will need a USB cable (standard-A plug and standard B-plug) to transfer the EUC software to your MagniLink S. The EUC software and the cable can be ordered from LVI.
MagniLink S - updates in the latest version (220.127.116.11) (PC)
- Bug fix: Fixed a crash when Ipek Turkish was selected with the key 0.
- Bug fix: Camera picture now returns when running ZoomText and the settings dialog is closed.
- Bug fix: Some visual improvements in the settings dialog.
- Bug fix: Alt + Enter caused full screen problems. It has been disabled.
- Bug fix: Ctrl + C now triggers when C is pressed down.
- Feature: Added some notifications when SuperNova is running.
- Feature: Implemented ZoomText multiple monitor support.
- Bug fix: Improved stability together with ZT 11.
- Bug fix: Fixed a bug that occurred when ZT was being closed while the MLS software was running.
MagniLink S - updates in the latest version (18.104.22.168) (PC)
- Feature: XML-file now supports MLS, MLV BASIC and PREMIUM
- Feature: F12 opens new manuals MLS BASIC and PREMIUM
- Feature: NUANCE OCR implemented
- Bug Fix: Changing resolution while running ZoomText now works.
- Bug Fix: Filter out 720 when running an old MLSTPRO.
MagniLink S - updates in the latest version (22.214.171.124) (PC)
- Various bugfixes:
- Bug Fix: Automatic language detection now works for italian language.
- Bug Fix: When pressing 0 the application now informs the user about the voice switch by reading aloud the new voice.
- Bug Fix: Fixed and issue in the graphics initialization that will fix the problem with delay in the video.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a crash an some other issues that occured when the license is changed.
- Bug Fix: Changing split position with supernova now works.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a crash that can occur with ZoomText
- Bug Fix: Colors in the textview now follows artificial colors properly
- Bug Fix: Freeze now works differently because the ML PRO crasches when attemptin to display OSD while video graph is stopped
- Feature: F12 now opens the manual with the default PDF reader
MagniLink S - updates in the latest version (126.96.36.199) (PC)
- New Nuance Expressive Voices - example of voices:
American English: Allison, Ava, Samantha, Susan, Tom
French: Audrey, Aurelie, Thomas
German: Anna, Markus Petra, Yannick
Italian: Alice, Federica, Luca, Paola
Portuguese: Catarina, Joana, Joaquim
Russian: Katya, Milena, Yuri
Spanish: Jorge, Marisol, Monica
Read the complete list of languages/voices >>
- Support for gestures zoom on touch displays.
- Support for our new product MagniLink PRO, soon to be released!
- Support for fast resolution changes.
- Support for Windows 10.
- Added support for the following languages when used with Sapi voices: Catalan, Czech, Faeroese, greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Romanian, Slovak, Turkish.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
MagniLink S - updates in version (7.4.8)
Some bugfixes from v. 7.3.8
MagniLink S - updates in version (7.3.8)
• Automatic adaptation of the "gaps" between the words - which gives longer break at slow reading speed and short break at faster reading speed. This improves the voice and creates a better audio experience for anyone listening.
• Shortcut key to activate MagniLink S window makes it easier to reach the video magnifier. Press F8 to get started directly from a minimized state.
• Automatic language detection. MagniLink S can now even recognize several different languages in the same paper. Language and voice are changed instantly, completely automatically.
• Possibility to choose any of the fonts installed on the users computer for displaying text in TTS mode. This allows the user to, for example, get text presented with special fonts adapted for dyslexics.
• Improved functionality together with ZoomText 10. AiSquared has now refreshed its CCTV interface. This makes ZoomText performance less "heavy" on some computers and ZoomText now interacts better with MagniLink S.
• Column Selector to help the user to choose which part of the paper to be read aloud, for example if the user wants to read a selected column in a newspaper.
• Enhanced functionality for video recording.
And last but not least
• Select (CTRL + F4) to put text from different scans together in the OCR mode into a single document, which then can be read in its entirety. This along with "Smart Smart" makes scanning extremely fast and feature also works while text is being read out.
Looking for earlier versions? See below...
||Optimized functions for video recording
Version 6.10 (ZIP-file) for PC (43 MB)
||Upgraded CCTV interface - compatibility with Dolphin SuperNova latest version.
- Record a video with audio
- Save pictures in different formats, including popular JPEG.
- Possibility to freeze the image
- Possibility for mirror viewing
v.5.01.08 (through v.5.01.05)
- Fix for some cameras that had an empty registry file in the camera and therefore couldnot be upgraded.
- Fix to allow setting of 16 bit color quality, which previously gave a blue camera image with screen magnifier.
- Fix for incorrect PDF manuals from the start menu.
Download v.5.01.08 (zip-file)
v.5.01.05 (through v.5.01.03)
- New focus features for MLS Reader such as reading, writing and autofocus are now available.
- The reading camera was not identified during the installation. When the magnification program and the video recording in full screen were active, no video images was showed on the screen. This problem has been rectified.
v.5.01.03 (through v.5.01.02)
||Video show on some low end computers caused that the application did not start and no error message was showed.
v.5.01.02 (through v.5.00.10)
||New ZoomText interface for Windows Vista with ZoomText version 9.14.2 or later.
v.5.00.10 (through v.5.00.03)
- Update for the new Reader camera (LVI Handcamera v4). Feature to activate and inactivate autofocus.
- Corrected fault which appeared for SOFT license on Windows Vista and caused that the application did not start.
v.4.5 (MagniLink S Reader, MagniLink Student, MagniLink Student Addition)
Download MagniLink S software for PC v 4.5 (ZIP-file)